Douglas Steenblock, MD
Practicing Since: 1995
Client Population: Adults & Geriatric
Training & Education:
- Bachelor of Arts in Pre-Med Psychology, with honors (Creighton University)
- Doctorate of Medicine (Creigton University)
- Psychiatric Residency (University of Colorado)
- Board certified in general psychiatry and consultation-liaison psychiatry
Primary Areas of Focus:
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Neurocognitive Disorders
- Medication management of anxiety, mood, and psychotic disorders
- Mental health concerns in long-term care
- Caregiver stress and burnout
What do you enjoy most about working in the mental health field?
"I find great satisfaction working with those who have severe chronic illnesses. Even small improvements in quality of life can be meaningful to the patient and the patient's family."