Jail Diversion is a program designed to help individuals in Marshall County prevent incarceration and provide services so that they live to their full potential
Why Jail Diversion?
- 7-10% of all police calls involve an individual with a mental health disorder
- 15-31% of individuals in U.S. jails and prisons have mental illness
- Individuals who cycle through mental health, substance abuse, and criminal justice systems often receive fragmented treatment and are at risk of having arrested again-often for non-violent offenses
- The primary goal is to reduce or eliminate charges by promoting individuals to address their mental health and/or substance abuse
- Jail Diversion aims to enhance public safety while improving access to care for those who need it